What are the benefits of “Secured Bail?”
Secured Bail provides true liberty to the accused without governmental oversight or taxpayer funding.
Government run pretrial release programs adjudicate the accused before trial by imposing:
- Drug Testing
- Electronic Monitoring
- Anger management classes
All at the financial burden of the accused and the taxpayers.
– Secured bail monitors the release of an accused until the final disposition of his/her case. Bail agents are directly connected to the “circle of love” (family members) & make themselves available for 24-hour, real-time reporting on any defiance of the accused. Bail Agents are the keeper of the gate in that we carry out the bail conditions of the Court. Bail agents maintain the power of arrest ensuring the chain of custody.
*Government run pretrial service agencies are open Monday-Friday 9-5. Pretrial services employees do not have arrest powers, and have no vested interest in the appearance or adherence of an accused. When an accused fails to appear under “pretrial diversion programs”, they rely on law enforcement to arrest the accused, which usually does not happen until the next commission of a crime.
*Secured bail supports the lawful return of fugitives. Our profession is vested in ensuring the appearance of an accused. Once an accused fails to appear Bail & Fugitive Recovery Agents will jump into action to track down & return the warranted to custody. The practice of hunting fugitives has become increasingly dangerous, our industry professionals are proud of their work with some of the nations most elite law enforcement agencies to hunt & return an offender. This time honored practice simultaneously ensures a victim of crime, & their families their “day in court”. These accountable actions taken by our profession are done so at ZERO cost to taxpayers nationally.
Why is Secured Bail important?
* Secured bail is important to communities because it includes the family of the accused and enables them to play a critical role in maintaining adherence to the order of the court. Secured bail is the only accountable form of pretrial release.
How do Judges throughout America rely on the Secured Bail Industry?
* Prior to the enactment of bail reform Judges were empowered with Judicial discretion, a power that has been eliminated by the implementation of these initiatives. Judges heavily relied on the secured bail industry as it has been proven to be effective throughout history.
* Judges throughout the nation rely on secured bail to ensure the appearance of the accused, offering the victim their day in court and thus avoiding sentencing in absentia.
* Judges are keenly aware that Bail Agents, at their own expense, are vested in swiftly returning the warranted to the jurisdiction of the court.